Monday 30 October 2017

The pink trousers of happiness

Fairly recently I had to throw away my favourite stripy linen trousers.  I had had these trousers for many years and they finally decided that enough was enough and they wore thin.  They were brilliant trousers as they had a very forgiving tie-waist that meant that as my weight fluctuates, (a polite way of saying I sometimes get quite big and then if I am lucky I get smaller again),  I was still able to wear them comfortably.  I was therefore sorry to say goodbye to them but decided that I ought to be able to make some replacements.  A very brief scouting about on the internet and I found the pattern that was almost identical to the trousers I had just discarded.
The 101 Trousers from Merchant and Mills were quickly purchased.  I have fallen in love with their patterns as they have great style and are so straightforward and easy to use.  It was really pleasant to feel fairly confident that this project was doable before I had started the make.
The fabric I chose also came from Merchant and Mills, it is a rather delightful red chambray.  It cut out nicely and is quite a well behaved fabric.  It is not too slippy and whilst it does fray a bit at the edges, it was straightforward to sew.
The pattern made up quite quickly and I love the finished trousers.
The fabric is quite light so I think these are very much for warmer days.
I still need some stripy linen trousers to replace the lost loved pair so you can be fairly certain I will be making this pattern again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note all comments are moderated