Sunday 25 February 2018

The skirt and jacket moment

I have been busy sewing away on these cold winter evenings and weekends.  The next two makes go as a pair as they were made for each other.

The skirt was the start, well actually the fabric was the start, one of my bargain buys from the Great British Sewing Bee Live last year.  I have recently heard this will not be happening this year after all, I am truly sorry about this.  I knew that this pink check wool fabric would be a skirt and I had the perfect pattern in mind.  It just had to be.

The skirt came together well and I lined it which has made wearing it so easy.  I love a lined skirt.
It looks a little crumpled here, I had just taken it off.

I also bought the wine coloured fabric at the same show, but was not quite so sure what to do with it at first.  Then I realised how well it went with the skirt. 
I had not enough material to make the jacket that is meant to go with the skirt, (that will be a suit one day, I am waiting for the right fabric to come along), but I had this free pattern that came with one of my sewing magazines I subscribe to, Sew magazine.  It felt like fate was playing its card.
The jacket (New Look F6013) was a whizz to put together and it fits well.  The material hangs well and works perfectly with the skirt.
I did not line the jacket but I keep thinking I might go back and do this, it would just help it feel a little more robust.

I wore the pair together for work and someone actually said how nice the skirt was without knowing I had made it.  I purred a little.
I was very pleased with both makes, they were nice and simple and will be patterns I will use again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note all comments are moderated