Sunday 29 April 2018

A slight pattern hack for the Til the Sun Goes Down Amelie Tuck Blouse

It is a while since I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Harrogate and sitting in my to-do pile has been the Til the Sun Goes Down kit for the Amelie Tuck Blouse.
I loved this blouse particularly for the collar, which is wonderfully vintage looking and quite frankly in my opinion, cool.  I liked the sleeves, but I was wanting a longer sleeve to the blouse so I decided I would make it to have the sleeves I wanted.  I already have made a couple of patterns from this company and the one I made for my daughter's wedding, the Ritz dress, had long sleeves. I wondered whether I could swap the sleeves from one to the other.

A bit of faffing around and I decided that it could work.  The pattern was quite straightforward to put together.  The tucks in the front were easy to do.  There should also be tucks in the back, I did not put those in as, she whispers, I do not have as defined a waist as the pattern would wish.  This made the pattern fit well and comfortably.
The sleeves fitted in perfectly and I think they do not look out of place with the overall design.
and the collar makes me very happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note all comments are moderated